Due to the current avian influenza (bird flu) outbreak, maintaining effective biosecurity has never been more critical.
There is still time to register for one of Defra’s ‘stop the spread’ webinars, running for commercial producers on 13 January.
Leading Defra epidemiologists and veterinary professionals will host these live events. They’ll cover:
- the latest information on the national situation and the high number of cases in the North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire areas
- essential biosecurity measures that all keepers of birds and poultry (pets or commercial) should be taking in these higher instance areas and the rest of the country
There’ll also be an opportunity to ask questions about biosecurity best practice.
How to register
To register for a webinar:
- choose the webinar or webinars you wish to attend from the list above
- select the link for your preferred date and time
- enter your name and email address, and organisation if applicable
- click the ‘Register now’ link – this will register you for the webinar
Once registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to add the webinar to your calendar. You do not need to download any software to access the webinar – the link will open in your browser.