Visitors and exhibitors at the 2018 British Pig & Poultry Fair have voted the event as the ‘best yet’ with 98% of those surveyed saying they found what they were looking for when attending the two-day Fair in May.
Held at Stoneleigh Park, the Royal Agricultural Society of England’s event attracted over 370 exhibitors and 10,131 visitors with survey responses showing that most went home happy with their investment of time spent at the Fair.
“Our survey shows that producers found it an extremely valuable and worthwhile day away from the farm,” said event organiser Alice Bell.” In total, 98% of visitors found what they were looking for at the Fair, with four out of five visitors planning to make changes to their business as a result of their visit.”
Key survey findings (from 590 visitor responses):
- 68% of visitors plan to make a purchase as a result of their visit to the Fair.
- 80% of visitors plan to make changes to their business as a result of their visit to the Fair.
- 98% of visitors found what they were looking for at the Fair
- 93% of visitors rated the Fair as valuable for their business
- 97% of visitors rated their visit to the Fair as good or excellent
- 96% of visitors to the 2018 Fair plan to attend the 2020 Fair
Key survey findings (from 135 exhibitor responses):
- 87% rated the Fair as very important or important for generating future orders for their company
- 91% rated the Fair as very important or important for engaging with existing customers
- 72% rated the Fair as an excellent or good return on investment
- 100% of exhibitors met all or most of their objectives of exhibiting at the Fair
- 99% saw the right visitors at the 2018 Fair
- 95% of exhibitors found the organisation of the Fair excellent or good
- 93% of exhibitors rated the 2018 Fair as excellent or good
- 94% of exhibitors plan to exhibit at the 2020 Fair
“The RASE would like to thank all the visitors and exhibitors who helped make the 2018 Fair such a success,” added Ms Bell. “We are already working on ideas and improvements to ensure the 2020 event, taking place Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th May, continues to deliver for the industry.”