The organisers of the Pig & Poultry Fair have announced the next event will be in 2022, rather than 2021 as was initially planned.
Following the cancellation of the 2020 Fair, provisional dates were announced for 2021. However as the COVID situation has developed the RASE Trustees said it became clear that the most sensible and secure plan of action for all concerned is to schedule the next live Fair for May 2022.
The next British Pig & Poultry Fair will take place on Tuesday 10 and Wednesday 11 May 2022 at NAEC Stoneleigh. The Fair will then remain on it’s biennial cycle with the following Fairs taking place in May 2024, then May 2026.
“While we all want to be able to bring the industry together to exchange ideas and information at the event we know and love, we simply can not risk the cancellation of another Fair,” said organiser Alice Bell in an email to exhibitors. “We shall be exploring the possibilities for an online event in 2021 to facilitate the exchange of information between exhibitors and producers.”
The organisers have said the 2022 Fair will be run on the following basis:
• All 2020 exhibitors will have first choice on their 2020 stand location
• Exhibitors who had paid their stand fees for the 2020 Fair will receive a 25% discount on their 2022 stand and priority booking.
• Exhibitors who chose to roll their 25% refund over to the next event will have these funds held on their account for the 2022 Fair.
• Those who were outstanding fees from the 2020 event will be required to address their account balances before being admitted to the 2022 booking process.
• Rebooking for the 2022 Fair is expected to begin in spring 2021.